About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

The Results

There's always a routine to getting my haircut. First I wait for a longer period of time than I should before getting in to the hair salon. It seems the months go by, and my hair doesn't look so bad - but then I wake up one day and it's like, "Oh! My hair looks horrible!" Then I decide I need to go get it cut, but despite this, I still wait for weeks before finally getting in. It's not like I have "salonophobia" or anything, I'm just too cheap to want to spend the money.

Then one day I finally decide to get my hair cut, and I make an appointment. From that time on, I search and search the internet, TV, and magazines for style ideas. I usually don't find too many I like, and before I know it I have my appointment.

When I get to the salon I'll usually look at a few more pictures and books, still not set on any one style. I have had many variations of the same hair cut over the last few years - roughly shoulder length (sometimes longer, but never shorter), with layers of some sort of another. This seems to be the best for my hair texture and general face shape, and so still being undecided I usually tell the stylist that I want my hair about shoulder length, with layers. Oh, and make me look cute. Then we discuss the shortest and longest lengths I want, and then she goes at it. I take off my glasses, which makes me blind (I can't even see myself in the mirror clearly) and in the end my hair somehow always turns out looking (at least) not so bad.

Today was no exception. I went in, told my friend the basics, and she started cutting. The result is cute, and with the added eye brow wax I got done as well, I once again feel like a real person. Below are some pictures of me after my last hair cut (back in March!), more recently after I was in Spain, and today after my haircut. I think all three are quite different.













Out of the three, I have to say I like the current one the best (the right one), but I liked my coloring from the summer a bit better (it's dulled a little already, as has my tan). And though I said I liked my hair after my last haircut in March (the far left), I'm not so sure what I was thinking at that time. I don't like it really anymore. Let me know what you think!

No comments: