About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

I've Survived

It's official, I survived my first day working at Pepsi Bottling Company. I actually work for a division within Pepsi Bottling Company called PepsiConnect. But in the end they're all the same. At least from my entry level position point of view. I work in the phone services department. That means that if you have dispensers from Pepsi and you have problems with it you call a service number. That person on the other end of the service number? That's me. Not only do we take calls, but we also enter in work order information into the computer too. Which is what I learned how to do yesterday. On Sunday or Monday I get to start learning phones.

It's not so bad there though. There's lots of benefits including free merchandise, paid time off for every month of perfect attendance, free shirts for every quarter of free attendance, bonuses each month if you've done a certain amount phone calls and work orders, AND I get paid weekly, which I like. So, it's pretty exciting and the people seem nice overall. I even either get my own desk or will share a desk with one other person. Which is cool as well.

For the next several weeks my schedules is working 7 hours Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and working everyother weekend for 9 hours on Saturday and Sunday. Which works for me. It's actually quite nice, because it means that on Thursdays all I have is a lab in the afternoon and IV in the evening. And I'll also have Tuesday evenings free as well. So, although I'll be busy I'll still have my down time. The weekends I don't work and Tuesday mornings are the times I'll go to the zoo an hour away if I get the internship.... but...

No word yet on the zoo. I'm waiting (im)patiently to find out, still praying that I'll accept whatever God's will is. Hopefully I'll get word on Monday.

No comments: