About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Monday, September 18, 2006

Exhausted

I had my first weekend of my internship these past two days. The experience was totally awesome. I got to be close to the tigers, spider monkeys and gibbons, and even got my hair pulled by one... and just in general got to be around animals all day long. It was a lot of hard work, and it was quite chilly outside. During the day sometime I was wondering if this is really what I want to do with my life. I mean, I was chilled (I was outside), dirty, tired and my feet were wet. I pushed the thought away and reminded myself that it wasn't so bad. It was at the end of the day, when we fed the tigers and I got to watch them up close and we were getting ready to leave that it struck me - this is without a doubt what I want to do with my life. Why? Because although it's hard work and I may get tired, cold, wet, dirty, my hair pulled, and everything, it was such a great feeling leaving the zoo yesterday knowing I had done a good day of hard work and in doing so had brought enjoyment to people visiting and had ensured another day of clean living for the animals.

Now of course, I'm just exhausted. I have to leave in less than half an hour. Morning came way too soon and my muscles are sore from this weekend. I swear I'm going to go to sleep at like 8 pm tonight.

No comments: