About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Me: Looking for a Job

Blah. So, as we all know, I finished up my internship in Texas and arrived back home on Dec. 12, 2007.

On Dec. 17th, I started working a temporary job in a nearby city, which is finishing up tomorrow - Jan. 10th, 2008.

Of course, I only have 2 weeks to go before I leave for Germany for 3.5 weeks. It seems quite pointless to me, and everyone I've asked, to apply for and start a permanent part time or full time position anywhere in this two weeks, since I'm leaving soon on vacation.
Instead I've been off searching for temporary jobs! Hopefully I'll find one through a temp agency soon, even if it's just for a few days here or there in the next couple of weeks.

Tonight I wrote down some temp agencies to contact tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get SOMETHING!!

In the mean time, I've spent a lot of time learning how to do resumes, cover letters, and searching for jobs. I've been working on application packets... and it seems no matter how long I sit at the computer, I get NO.WHERE.

Anyone else ever have this feeling?

P.S. For those interested - I'm not going to be able to make it to Fargo before I leave on my trip, because I have no gas money to get me there and am NOT doing Pracs. I miss you all!

No comments: