About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Spider Attack!

After my first few days of obsessive "oh-my-gosh-there-are-giant-spiders-here" mood, I realized that most of the spiders can't hurt you and the ones that can probably won't hurt me as long as I am careful of them. Since then I have been very proud of myself and my ability to cope with the bugs I hate worst of all in the whole world. I have even been able to look at the giant spiders you see everywhere outside in awe and to really appreciate them for their beauty, and I have really meant it.

Now, it seems as if to test my new found resolve to not abhor spiders completely, we have found two spiders in my room, two nights in a row. Last night, there was a good size one sitting under my dresser. I got my fellow intern, who killed it for me (she hates them too, but is more willing to get rid of them than I am). Later I checked my bed really well, under my bed really well and came to the happy conclusion that I am spider-free and settled into my bed for the night. Now tonight, off to bed I go, and I find another spider - this time much larger (about the size of my palm), sitting by my door. This time we caught it in a glass (well, the other intern did), and brought it outside.

The funny thing is that both spiders sat calmy, without moving within the same 6 square inch section of my room, two nights in a row, and were headed in the same direction. Maybe my room is part of an elaborate spider escape route for spiders who feel repressed by human beings and they're on their way to freedom. Or maybe it's a route taken by daredevil spiders who wish to try their luck with Rosco, the cougar, or Tabby, the tiger - whose cages both come indoors to the room next to mine. They could have this entire spider circus back there, and dodging the giant paws/claws/teeth of the two cats is their main event! Or maybe there's a little spider hang out under my dresser, where all the cool spider dudes go to hang out after a hard day's work on the web. Or maybe this is just a test, to see how well I actually am with the spiders and other giant bugs down here.

Well, if this is a test, you creepy spiders, let it be known that I shall pass with flying colors!!!! And, if you all just happen to be passing through my room on your way to another place, then could you please just try to pass through faster, so I don't have to SEE you right before I go to sleep? Pretty please? Oh, and for those of you who are running the spider hang-out under my dresser...consider this your eviction notice!

No comments: