About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

CheckMyPC - A Review

We are just full of reviews today. Another review I wanted to let you all know about is CheckMyPC.

CheckMyPC is a computer program that claims to check your computer to determine what it has been used to do. It specifically was created with parents in mind. Many parents try to protect their children from certain websites or programs, but children and teens sometimes (perhaps often) know how to get around these blocking programs to access the content.

If you buy and run CheckMyPC it will go through your computer and let you know what's really been going on. You'll find out what your family has really been up to and will be able to take action if needed.

While CheckMyPC sounds nice, it seems a little sketchy. The website is very basic and nonimpressive, which tells me that the software isn't good enough to spend time working a website for. It also seems to be just another program to help protect children online and ensure internet safety. In a market that is covered in these programs, yet another one might be a little much.

This is all from my point of view as an engaged female with no children. If I had kids, perhaps I would feel differently. Go to http://www.checkmypc.org/, and find out for yourself!

No comments: