About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Life

Well, life here in P.C. is going well. My job is great. I like my coworkers, and I stay plenty busy! Right now I'm working 9-11 hour days, so it's pretty exhausting. Unfortunately, I can't say more due to confidentiality rules. Sorry guys.

In other news, that I CAN talk about, I've gotten a kitten! She's about 7 weeks old and full of all the energy and annoying habits of all kittens. Oh, but I love her! Her favorite game right now is "scratch-up-Mindy." How do you play? You hide behind boxes and squat down really low to the ground, then jump out and attack Mindy's bare skin with your claws! And let me tell you, it's great fun. In the case that Mindy's feet/legs/hands/arms/head/hair/etc. aren'te accessible, just jump and reach for them and eventually you'll scratch something!

No, in all honesty, she's great. She's going through you're typical kitten stuff. She treats me as a combination mom and litter-mate, and I've only had her for 6 days - so the bonding part is great. She's super happy to see me in the morning (she's not allowed in my bedroom) and in the evenings when I come home from work. Then she alternates playing (with some part of my body (right now she's OBSESSED with my feet) and sleeping curled up in my lap. I sit at the computer right now with a spray bottle of water in my lap, spraying her with it about every 5 seconds - when she plays with my feet. You'd think the concept is simple: Play with feet = sprayed with water. But, she keeps coming back and back and back... her backside is decently wet, but she doesn't give up. I think now it's a contest of wills....who'll give up first, her or me?

In a way, I'm flattered she loves to play with me so much. But on the other hand, I really wish she'd play with her toys instead of my feet!

Ahh..but I'm sure diligence will pay off in the end. At least that's what all the training books say. "Don't lose your temper, be patient, diligent, and consistant, and it'll pay off."

I'll let you know how it turns out.

p.s. Her name is "Lea" (as in "leh-ah"). It means "little lioness" in German.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I wish I could have a cat - instead I have a husband who is allergic to cats!

Sounds like life is going well at P.C. If I had money I'd come visit you - it sounds pretty!