About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

OHIO!!!

Well, I'm finally here in Ohio. The weather is spectacular, Lake Erie is gorgeous, my apartment is...being painted lime green today, my new job is awesome, and my new bike is getting me into shape!

I got here Friday night at 11 pm Eastern Time, after my Greyhound was delayed 7 hours in Chicago! Thankfully I got to spend time with an old friend during a few of those hours, so that was great.

Upon arrival my new managers picked me up and brought me to my apartment, which my landlord had left unlocked. I crashed on the couch they had left for me and woke up the next day to sign my lease and find out that they are going to paint my apartment for me and replace the carpet! :)

Saturday and Sunday I just sort of lazed around. I went shopping Saturday and bought the necessities and my new purple mountain bike for getting around town. Sunday I explored Port Clinton downtown and found the best popcorn shop where you can buy lots of different flavors of popcorn! :) MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!

Monday I had my first day of work, and it was great. There's nothing like zookeeping, and I have missed it since I was at CARE several months ago. I get along really great with my coworkers and feel like they will help me to excel over these next 6 months and in wherever I go next.

I really love it out here. The only complaint so far is that I don't have many friends, a computer, a TV, or anything else to do yet besides read..so it can be a bit boring. But my computer and scrapbooking stuff is on its way and should be here next week at the latest, so then it'll be better.
I just thought I'd update everyone real quick..I'm using the library's internet now and may only be able to get in on it once a week or so... but I'll update as often as I can!

1 comment:

Tami said...

Sounds like you are fitting right in and will be happy! I wish I could paint my apartment lime green - I LOVE colors, but I'll get to once I get a home on base (I think?)

Let me know your new address so I can keep in touch.