About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

ITCHY!!!!!

I am soooooooo ITCHY!!!!

Okay, let's back up the story a bit:

I am allergic to sulfa - oh how fun it is. I've been allergic my whole life, so my whole life we've taken steps to deal with the issue. Normally I don't take sulfa medicines, or wash my clothes in anything but Free & Clear All (anti-allergy laundry soap). Except in the recent past, these have changed.

It all started when I was in Germany and had to go see a doctor. I was so focused on making sure that my problems were understood by the doctor in German, that I forgot to mention how I was allergic to sulfa medicines (and the doctor never asked). So I get this medicine, start taking it, and the next day wake up to a body COVERED in red splotches. Of course, I stopped taking the medicine immediately, but over the next few weeks 3/4 of my body became covered in red rashes, and I itched like MAD...

Fast forward to Sunday night, when I'm doing laundry. I had run out of Free & Clear All, and decided to try using TIDE to wash all of my clothes in (almost everything I owned was dirty) because buying a new thing of laundry soap when I leave CARE in one week is sort of annoying. I wear my clothes Monday, and all is well. Until Monday night when I'm laying in bed and my whole.entire.body. is itchy. I start racking my brain trying to figure out what the problem is.. and I come up with NOTHING.

Then I realize that I just washed all my clothes in TIDE and that I must be allergic to TIDE..

And now I sit here at home, waiting for the director to get back so we can butcher cows and feed the cats. It isn't until AFTER we feed this afternoon that I can go to Wal-Mart (because I don't have a car, and have to wait until the other one is free).

And I'm still ITCHY!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: