About Me

My photo
Follow me in my journey through life!

Friday, January 16, 2009

I like to cook?!

As I stood in the kitchen after work today making homemade Chicken a la King I had a realization: I actually (sorta, kinda) like to cook!!!!

The big deal about this is that I usually don't enjoy cooking. But lately I've been making a lot of recipes and have realized how great it is to have some delicious food to eat for a meal - even if it isn't anything fancy. And the more recipes I try, the more I seem to enjoy cooking. Crazy!

Seriously, w/in the last week and a half or so I've made:

- Homemade Beef Stew
- Homemade Beef Stroganoff - Simply Amazing. Seriously.
- Whole Chicken in oven w/seasoning - came out perfectly moist!! :)
- Homemade Chicken a la King - SOOOO YUMMY!

And in the next several days I plan on making:

- Homemade Chicken Stock
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

I'm no Paula Dean, and my fiance will ALWAYS be a better cook than me (my skills are absolutely nothing compared to him, all I do is follow a recipe, he creates wonderful food), but this whole having good food to eat thing is pretty nice.

1 comment:

Tami said...

I've made half the things on your list, and then some other ones. Have you ever made homemade cinnamon rolls? Eli loves them, and they aren't that hard. Let me know if you want to try.

Tami